Hi, my name is
Jarue Johnson I build things for the web
Im a software engineer based in the United States. I have 3 years of experience in web development. I have a passion for building web applications and learning new technologies. Let's Connect
Hello, I'm Jarue "Rue" Johnson, born and raised in Florida, and I've been in love with technology since I was 16. My dad, a engineer himself, was the one who introduced me to the world of tech. Learning from him and many others, I've grown a lot, not just as an engineer, but as a person too..
What really makes me happy is using my tech skills to help others. My love for helping people has been with me since I was a kid. Plus, I'm a big fan of sports and music. What's really cool is that I get to mix these interests with my love for coding, and that's where the magic happens!
The awesome thing about coding is that there are no real limits. You can do so much with it, and the only limits are the ones you put on yourself! In short, I'm not just an engineer, but also someone who loves to solve problems and dream big. I'm excited to keep learning and growing, and to use technology to make a real difference in the world.
Here are a few technologies, languages and tools I have been working with recently:
Software Engineer @Torticity
Jan 2022 - Present
- Torticity is a startup in the legal industry that sells services powered by technology. They are strategically position in the mass tort and personal injury industries and provide solutions for those niches. Learn More
- Assisted in the successful launch of the Claimant Portal, an external application that streamlined the intake process and provided a secure way for users to upload documents for Personal Injury cases.
- Implemented core features on the internal Dockit application, including the integration of predefined filters using Algolia.
- Implemented a pivotal feature on the Brief application, enabling users to view documents by leveraging the AWS SDK to interact with S3
- Some of the technologies I became proficient in while working here are Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) · NestJS · Nuxt.js · Vue.js · Cypress.io · Tailwind CSS · PostgresSQL
03Some things I have built
This an trello clone built with NuxtJS and styled with Vuetify User can create boards and add tasks to the board. Also color coordinated the boards and even upload images as the background of the board. It has a fully functional user authentication system deployed on firebase.
- Nuxt Js
view my archive
AWS Node Crud Api
This is a tutorial on how to use aws service EC2 and CICD tools Code pipeline and Code deploy
- Node Js
This is a repo I created to become proficient with aws core concepts as well as use their services effectively
CSV Parser App
This app interacts with a mySQL DB , Express/Node Api and uses React to render the Frontend. I built this to showcase my love for anime.
- Node Js
04. What's Next
Get In Touch
Although I am not currently looking for any new opportunities, my inbox is always open. Whether you have a questions or just want to say hello, I will try my best to get back with you!